Wednesday, February 13, 2008

LONDON FASHION WEEK - PAUL COSTELLOE


I'll be posting the shows that I've covered during London Fashion Week with the photographs I took for my work experience with Annazbell.com. Hope you enjoy the reports! I'll begin with Paul Costelloe since he was he kicked off London Fashion Week.

“I was inspired by the Golden Age of Couture at the Victoria and Albert Museum,” Paul Costello told Annazbell.com before he opened the Autumn/Winter 2008 London Fashion Week for the fifth consecutive year.

The Dublin-born designer showcased exquisitely tailored clothes while using rich fabrics such as printed tweed, knits and duchess satin. One signature piece Paul mentioned to Annazbell.com was what he called the “crunch skirt”. Which was a black and white bubble skirt made out of organic wool.

The majority of his collection featured colours of black and grey with some bright reds and oranges. Another nice touch was the turquoise lining in one of his black long coats that graced the runway.

The showstopper was the final piece, an elegant strapless ivory dress that came above the knee in the front but had a long and flowing train in the back. His collection was one of elegance and old world glamour that was made for the woman who loves chic and classy clothing.

When asked about expanding his label outside the UK and Ireland he responded, “I would love to do that but we are trying to make people more aware of the brand first.” I have a feeling that won't take too long!

Original report was written for Annazbell.com

No comments: