Thursday, August 28, 2008

Nina Garcia's Style Guide

Nina Garcia, former Elle fashion director, author of Little Black Book of Style and Project Runway judge has just released another style guide.

The One Hundred, features the chic pieces that no woman should be without.

Garcia told The Daily at Saks Fifth Avenue, "It was just one of those inspirations that happened at a moment where I was moving, I was pregnant, I was packing."

She went on to say that she was inspired while trying to pack for a move as her house was being renovated and she wondered how she was going to do it all.

"What am I going to do? I'm changing seasons, I'm changing sizes, I'm changing apartments. What am I going to pack? And all of a sudden, it hit me. There are some things that I always wear, will always wear, that are never going to change, no matter what size I am or what season it is. So that's where the idea of The One Hundred came about."

On top of publishing her new book, Garcia has recently taken a new position as the fashion director of Marie Claire. She is excited to begin her new gig because she believes the magazine is passionate about women's issues.

Image courtesy of StylePhile.com

No comments: